A well educated, well tested, and well rounded man of the world, Martin works for Right and opposes Wrong. He is a good leader when necessary, and a good team player and follower when that is what the objective requires. He is reported to have a good and frequent sense of humor, is well published, and values honesty loyalty and integrity in others. Able to function from jungles to the highest ivory towers, he leads this Organization’s operations and missions to great success.
Married: Janet Boire
Kids: Mr. Christopher Boire, Mr. Michael Boire, Ms.Spenser Boire
Current Role as Chairman:
Previous Business and Other Activities:
- Worked since age fourteen. Started as clean-up boy at Taco Bell in Daytona Beach. Worked full time as bag-boy and stock boy at Kash n’ Karry in Tampa through last two years of high school and during undergraduate college. Also pumped gas for Zayre, stocked bread for Wonder Bread, and helped remodel houses during last two years of high school.
- Developed five golf-course subdivisions at LPGA International in Daytona Beach, Florida, late 1990s.
- Appointed by Governor Robert Martinez to the East Central Florida Regional Planning Council, September 1987 to December 1990, as representative for Volusia County, Florida.
- Founder of the FSU Journal of Land Use & Environmental Law in 1993. Elected first Editor in Chief, 1983 to 1984. This was a major project. This was solely Boire’s initiative while a law student, without any organizational or financial help from the College of Law. Raised all funds. Performed all organization. Established network of financial supporters throughout Florida. Created system of Patrons ($1,000+ year), Benefactors ($500-$999 year) and Contributors ($50-$499 year), who are listed and honored on inside leaf of each Journal Issue. This system endures to this day. Organized and coordinated thirty law students as first staff. First 200-pageissue cited by United States Supreme Court, a rare event. Two years after Boire’s management and founding of the Journal, it was made an official publication of FSU. It is still in publication.
- Developed several patents and trademarks for family businesses. Some parts are used by police and special operations forces.
- Member, Rotary International, Ormond by the Sea, circa 1985 to circa 1988.
- Elected Member, Project Review Committee, East Central Florida Regional Planning Council, July 20, 1988 until resigned on July 18, 1990. This committee did the detail work on DRIs (water, sewer, transportation, etc.) throughout East Central Florida and recommended approval or not to the entire Council. Elected Member, Bylaws Review Committee, East Central Florida Regional Planning Council, 1988 to July 20, 1988 to December 1990. Re-wrote entire Code Rule structuring the East Central Florida Regional Planning Council, the Project Review Committee, and their review processes and procedures. Elected Chairman, Bylaws Review Committee, East Central Florida Regional Planning Council, 1988 to February 21, 1990 to December 1990. Additional changes Florida Administrative Code Rule structuring Council, its review process, and its procedure.
- Lecturer to the Florida Society of Dentistry for Children on pre-Columbian Meso-American cultures at its November 1980 dental convention in Mexico City.
- Extremely interested in wife and best friend Janet; travel within and without United States; working with people and kids on projects; reading new things and re-reading old things; ideas; socio-political theory, Scuba diving (certified open water); target shooting (NRA Sharpshooter Bar 4); Karate (brown belt, Yoshoki; blue belt, Wado-Ru); backpacking (have hiked large portions of Appalachian Trail and Florida Trail in 60-mile stretches); backpacking in New Mexico mountains for 10 days; kayaking French Broad River in North Carolina and a river in Provenance in France.
- Lengthy solo adventuring several times in Peru, Andes, Amazon jungle, Ecuador, Columbia, the Yucatan, and Mexican desert in 1970s. Train wrecks, plane wrecks, floods, buses over the cliffs, hand-to-hand defense, military interaction, extensive interpersonal local interaction.
- Several months’ solo residence in England and Scotland in 1980s. Lengthy travel with Swedish friends along Sweden’s East coast, and moderate time in Denmark.
- Extensive travel and business travel at home and abroad.